Mobilize Recovery Bus Tour
As part of our effort to combat the opioid epidemic, Serve You Rx is a proud sponsor and participant in the Mobilize Recovery 2022 National Bus Tour. Along the way, Serve You Rx donated 100 Overdose Aid Kits (OAKs) to communities hit hardest by the opioid epidemic. Here’s a brief look at 4 of the 27 locations along the country-wide tour that provided education about addiction recovery, and centered the voices of those impacted most by the addiction and overdose crisis.
For more on other stops, see the OAK Facebook page.
Serve You Rx returned to Atlanta for a second installment of OAKs on September 14th, 2022 to help ensure lifesaving Narcan continues to be readily available to those in need.
- Two oaks were installed at Chabad Intown, one on each floor of the synagogue
- During the stop, Serve You Rx CEO Justin Jasniewski and Outreach Program Manager, Jessica Geschke, met with Chris Thrasher, Managing Director of Substance Use Disorders and Recovery, at the Clinton Foundation to discuss the OAKs
- Earlier this year, two OAKs were installed in Main Street Trolleys in Atlanta. This marked the first-ever OAK installation in motorized vehicles
Eight Overdose Aid Kits (OAKs) with the life-saving drug Narcan made their way to Colorado on September 9th, 2022!
- 5280 Recovery High School in Denver received one OAK
- Two more kits were installed at Advocates for Recovery, also in Denver
- The over five OAKS were donated to rural areas throughout the state
Minutes matter in an overdose situation. That’s why Serve You Rx ensured communities in northeast Wisconsin have greater access to OAKs at the most critical moments.
- One OAK was installed at Amanda’s House, a sober living facility in Green Bay on September 11th, 2022
- Four OAKs were distributed to sober living and transitional homes in Manitowoc during the Lighthouse Recovery Community Center’s 1st Annual Symposium on Addiction & Recovery on September 12th, 2022
- One OAK each was presented to Lakeshore Latching and Redline Plastics to acknowledge their dedication to being recovery-friendly workplaces during the Lighthouse Symposium
Robbinsville, New Jersey
On September 18th, 2022, Serve You Rx donated twenty-one OAKs to the National Center for Advocacy and Recovery (NCAAR) in Robbinsville, New Jersey.
- One kit was installed at the NCAAR headquarters
- The other OAKs were distributed throughout the state so that each county had one kit available to its residents
- New Jersey is the FIRST state to have at least one OAK in every county!